A Nationally-Recognized Food & Beverage Firm is looking for a 1st Shift Production Supervisor to join their team! This person will provide the leadership and planning needed to ensure that the processing and production teams are performing their job functions properly and that the production department is kept in a neat, clean, and efficient manner. You will be in charge of training and managing up to 50 food production associates while maintaining and meeting production requirements within the plant.
- Trains and manages all production staff to meet the standards and production requirements on a daily basis
- Ensures that cooks are batching each product according to the established recipes and following all procedures including verifying raw material numbers, lot numbers, water/sugar meter settings, etc.
- Works with the quality assurance management team to ensure compliance with the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) program.
- Must be able to work / devote necessary time to the manufacturing plant and have the ability to work variable shifts, weekends and overtime with limited notice and at management discretion.
- Works with the Safety Coordinator to implement safety-training programs to meet the plant goal of zero "lost time" or recordable accidents.
- Bachelors Degree highly preferred, experience in Food & Beverage Manufacturing may substitute
- 3+ years of relative Production or Manufacturing supervision experience required
- Experience in a Food or Beverage Manufacturing setting required
- Formal Lean Manufacturing training is highly preferred
- Must be team-oriented and a proven leader in the manufacturing industry