Summary of the Automation OT Engineer:
A global pharmaceutical company dedicated to improving patient's lives worldwide is seeking an Automation Engineer for its team! This leading company has a vision to empower patients to thrive and lead healthier lives while cultivating a positive work environment for their employees. As an Automation Engineer, you will be tasked with designing and implementing network architecture for Operational Technology (OT) systems. The Automation Engineer will work in the Automation Department, providing in-depth OT network knowledge to support site and software infrastructure that supports the facility and production equipment.
Responsibilities of the Automation OT Engineer:
- Provide technical knowledge for OT network project changes, system design, and architecture
- Hands-on support for OT network project buildouts, delivery, and daily operations.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues in the OT network including PLC/DCS controllers, switches, and server/system hardware
- Drive continuous improvement and support network architecture and installation infrastructure
- Ensure commissioning activities are completed successfully
- Ensure installation and construction are compliant and in accordance with quality standards
- Communicate cross-functionally to promote sharing and learning among various teams
Qualifications of the Automation OT Engineer:
- BS Automation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other related discipline
- 1+ years of automation engineering experience (internship experience will be considered)
- Hands-on engineering in an industrial plant setting, Pharma industry preferred
- Knowledge of Industrial Cybersecurity Standards
- Hands-on experience with HMI and/or PLC communications