Greater Hickory Area, NC
A leader in the automotive and industrial industry is currently seeking a skilled Buyer for their Hickory, NC location. This role would be a great fit for someone looking to join an established organization with tremendous room for growth in the company. The ideal candidate will have prior experience procuring both direct and indirect materials at an international industrial or automotive organization.
- Monitor and manage the purchasing budget performance in the plants and run all necessary sourcing plans within the budget.
- Manage and negotiate contracts with suppliers, supplier relations, and the approved vendor list.
- Order PPAP and production parts.
- Ensure necessary supplier and part information is accurate in the plant ERP and other systems.
- Procure both direct and indirect materials.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience as Commodity Buyer, Plant Buyer, or other Buying role in industrial manufacturing or automotive setting.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other departments in the business.
- ERP experience required.
- Prior knowledge and experience managing vendor relations and negotiating contracts.