- Establish regular meetings between business units and key strategic carriers to review performance through carrier scorecards and identify opportunities between all entities.
- Develop & implement carrier segmentation strategy for assigned scope of carriers.
- Negotiate all carrier agreements in coordination with legal and business unit transportation management to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and insurance requirements.
- Monitor post bid carrier compliance to bid awards and take actions to remedy as appropriate to ensure spending and capacity are in alignment with expectations
- Develop and maintain carrier logs to track performance and price history
- Regularly review market intelligence and benchmark business unit performance to identify potential areas for an opportunity as it relates to cost and/or service.
- Develop and maintain rate review process for all carrier requests to ensure best pricing and service for associated business units.
- Develop, execute and maintain sourcing activities that deliver the category strategy objectives. Manage carrier communications and negotiations for truckload bids for assigned scope of responsibility. Ensure rates are published and updated in relevant systems (TMS, ERP) for the assigned category of materials after approval by Purchasing Director.
- Coordinate with business unit transportation to identify current needs/areas of concern to assist in the resolution
- B.S. in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or related field, or progressive experience in purchasing field acceptable to management. A Master's degree in Business is preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing company/environment.
- Experience in the transportation industry with a focus on over-the-road transport and/or construction building products is highly preferred.
- Business management skills, including the ability to develop and execute strategies. Solid understanding of business disciplines and financial information.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and ability to align leaders from various functions around a common goal/objective using a data-based business case.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence all levels of employees and management, both inside the company and externally with suppliers.