Category Director - Electronic Components
- Location: North Carolina
- Working Situation: Hybrid
Looking to grow within a company that is growing itself? Wanting opportunities to advance in an environment that is supportive, yet challenges you to achieve higher?
This conglomerate corporation designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of products. They are currently in search of a Category Director focusing on the strategic procurement of electronic components. This is a hybrid role with 2 days in the office and 3 remote allowing for flexibility.
The Category Director will support and execute the global category and/or regional strategy through focused activities including planning, forecasting, negotiating, project management, vendor management, KPI measurement and reporting, and use of global purchasing best practices.
- Ownership of Commodity Strategy Plan Process for Electronic components
- Proactively partners with suppliers to identify continuous improvement opportunities that lead to improvements in lead time, service, delivery, and cost
- Working with Analytics teams to proactively identify risks, build consumptions models and produce road map suggestions
- Leverage spend analytics, market intelligence, and expiring contracts reporting to continuously build pipeline of opportunities for sourcing to address within category
- Partner with senior leadership in business units and other key stakeholders to strategically plan (up to 3 years) support for existing contracts as well as new third party spend requirements resulting from business roadmaps
- Lead and direct a team of procurement specialists, mentoring them to become quality procurement professionals
- Develop and ensure global capacity and footprint planning to meet growth targets
- Degree in corresponding field (Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, etc.); advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of supply chain experience or related function with at least 3-5 years with electronic component sourcing
- Strong leadership and strategic planning skill
- Experience with lean manufacturing practices (Six Sigma, APICS, etc. preferred)
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Competitive 401k
- Full Parental Leave
- Healthy Incentives Wellness Program
- Casual Dress Down Days