Category Manager needed for an International Food Importer and Distributor
- Mid-Manager Level
- New York, NY
- Salary: 100,000-110,000 + bonus
An international speciality fine foods importer and distributor is looking for a Category Manager to join their team in New York City!
The Category Manager will report into the Director of Procurement and have the opportunity to guide departmental strategy, optimize the procurement function by managing supplier relationships, implement cost saving and resiliency projects, and work cross-functionally with members across the organization.
The Category Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Measure key KPIs including fill rate, spend, and category profitability.
- Collaborate with stakeholders with teams throughout the organization to support customer bid opportunities and track progress including Supply and Demand Planners.
- Perform price negotiations with suppliers to reduce costs and avoid risk for each category in your portfolio.
- Become an expert in your specific product categories in order to provide recommendations to sales and strategy teams for SKU rationalization and opportunities for category optimization.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- 5+ years of Procurement or Sourcing experience
- Experience utilizing ERP software
- Industry experience of Food & Beverage, Food Manufacturing, or CPG
- Entrepreneurial mind set and a proactive thinker
- Unlimited PTO and 10 sick days
- Summer Fridays
- Health care including vision and dental
- 401K match