A global leading energy company is looking for a new Category Manager to implement sourcing strategies for their categories ranging from engineering to construction. If you are looking for an individual contributor position offers much opportunity for growth, apply now!
This role involves sourcing activities for one or more categories of technical or complex materials or services (Construction and Engineering). Independent decision-making is required while performing typical job duties. The individual will manage material or service categories within and across business units, taking into consideration total process life cycle costs, business unit needs, Exelon goals, and risk profiles. Continuous improvement of the Supply organization is also expected.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for key initiatives and special projects, and be accountable for category purchases, including tactical procurement. Provide support to resolve emergent issues as needed. (25%)
- Serve as the primary contact for resolving systemic/recurring supplier/customer issues. Develop close working relationships with suppliers and end customers. Monitor supplier performance to ensure contract terms and conditions are met or exceeded, and performance meets customer expectations. Lead supplier relationship development programs and periodic meetings. (25%)
- Lead and manage personnel within and external to the Supply function to achieve objectives across related categories and/or multiple sourcing initiatives. Prioritize competing needs and assign tasks to support strategic sourcing initiatives and other Supply projects as appropriate. (20%)
- Manage categories and provide oversight and governance of associated purchases. Perform category spend and risk analysis and design and implement category and supplier risk mitigation strategies. (10%)
- Lead negotiations of commercial and legal terms with new and incumbent vendors to mitigate risk, increase value for internal customers, and provide flexibility to meet the organization's needs. (10%)
- Provide direction to contract administrators, procurement and sourcing specialists, and other supply personnel within assigned business and spend categories. (5%)
- Identify and implement best practices in sourcing and category management. Understand, track, and forecast market trends to maintain category knowledge and business acumen. (5%)
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, science, or a related field with 4-7 years of experience, or in lieu of a degree, 6-9 years of experience.
- Demonstrated project and change management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of category and supply management concepts.
- Adept and persuasive communicator (verbal, written).
- Cross-functional/organizational team management and facilitation skills (internal and external).
- Demonstrated data analysis capability and MS Office applications expertise.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills. Ability to hold suppliers accountable for performance.
- Conflict management experience.
- Technical aptitude (category-specific requirement)