A rapidly growing startup within Food and Beverage is looking for a top-performer, hungry for growth, to join their expanding team.
The company mission is focused on making Ethnic food more easily available in all locations nationwide through ease of grocery delivery. They have secured over $400 M in funding to date and are rapidly growing, and are looking for a hungry procurement professional to build out and lead their Alcohol division as a Category Manager. As they are just launching this arm of the business, there is unbound opportunity to see your impacts first hand, and grow your career within the company.
This role operates in a hybrid model, and requires the applicant to be located in the San Francisco Bay Area or be open to relocation, with a relocation stipend to be provided. The candidate must be proficient in Mandarin, with experience in dealing with Chinese suppliers being a huge plus. The Company does sponsor H1-B Visa.
The Category Manager will be responsible for:
- Establish the appropriate retail prices to attain the budgeted gross profit
- Ensure that product selection is appropriate to the marketplace.
- Monitor inventory levels to the budgeted goals
- Build allocations by warehouses
- Negotiate vendor terms such as freight, order minimums, service level and costs
- On a yearly basis, negotiate vendor funding to support marketing and in store merchandising efforts
- Continually seek new merchandise through publications, trade shows, and vendor meetings
- Meet sales and budgeted margin goals
The Category Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher with 3+ years retail experience in a supervisory role, retail management and/or previous purchasing experience preferred
- 2+ years experience in sourcing Alcohol
- Proficient in Mandarin and experience dealing with Chinese Suppliers
- Strong Analytical, organizational, math, and negotiation skills
- Extensive MS Office Suite experience including above average knowledge of Excel
- Experience developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
- financial analysis capabilities
- Self-starting, scrappy and resourceful work ethic and integrity
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision
- Annual bonus plan
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Food Stipend
- Valuable opportunity to grow into your dream role by contributing to a venture-backed startup in a high-growth stage
- Thoughtful, talented, and supportive coworkers and leadership team
This company is quickly growing and has required to see as many candidates as soon as possible, please apply via the link above!