Global Category Manager - Indirect Services
The position is to join a strategic global procurement team for an international agricultural company. Their ambition is to help safely feed the world while taking care of the planet and they aim to improve the sustainability, quality and safety of agriculture with world class science and innovative crop solutions.
The company is growing year on year across all business units. Over the last 2 years they have transformed the procurement team from an operational service to a department that is fully intertwined with the business strategy. They are looking for a number of procurement professionals to join the indirect team, so if you have experience in professional services, marketing, facilities, IT, travel etc. then this position could be a great opportunity to create, implement and manage new Global strategies.
- Global leadership of projects with in the indirect categories, including professional services, marketing, facilities, IT, travel etc
- The ongoing development, validation, sustainable implementation, and review/update of the assigned Category strategies ensuring close alignment with business requirements
- Work closely with the Global Category Leader and the Procurement Business Partner organisation to ensure business requirements are clearly understood and taken account of in the strategy
- Provide expert external supply market knowledge across the Categories
- Ensure appropriate SRM strategies are in place for strategic suppliers
- Manage risk with third parties as well as achieve operational compliance across all Indirect Procurement activities relevant to the Categories
- Deliver targeted savings within the Categories ensuring no adverse impact on quality and time requirements
Skills and Experience Required
- Strong procurement experience, greater than 3 years in a senior procurement role
- Working in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment
- Project team leadership (geographically dispersed and cross-functional with proven results)
- Proven record of success in negotiations with suppliers
- SRM experience with strategic suppliers
- Good knowledge of purchasing procedures and processes, and solid knowledge of the external trends and best practice
- Ability to develop performance measures for Categories with stakeholders
- Ability to influence peers and indirectly managed teams
- Good communication and presentation competencies
You are action oriented and results driven, and have a passion for focusing on continuous improvement and innovation.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you, apply below for a confidential discussion, or contact me directly on: +44 203 6678 358