We are currently working with a global professional services company to search for an IT Category Manager. The company are rapidly expanding their indirect procurement department in the North Rhine-Westphalia region. They have a revenue of around 50 billion dollars and over 50,000 employees,
The IT Category Manager will be responsible for the development of the category strategy, in the areas of IT Hardware, Software and IT Services. You will be engaging with senior stakeholders and partners, reporting to the director of indirect procurement.
- Responsible for creating and developing strategies for the business.
- Ensure achievement of regular cost reduction targets for the IT category.
- Drive accurate and robust analysis.
- Develop, implement, and manage vendor performance metrics, documents, and reporting as part of a Supplier Relationship Management plan within specified category.
- Drive category related RFIs and RFQs
- Maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Manage preferred suppliers and run regular review meetings.
- Continuously optimise category through spend reduction and/or value enhancement, risk mitigation, and sustainability initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree Required (Master's Degree Preferred)
- 4+ Years - Experience in IT procurement.
- Understanding of the legal aspects in the context of IT Sourcing.
- Evidence of an ability to work cross-functionally with colleagues across multiple groups.
- Excellent project management skills.