Title: Category Manager - Packaging
Salary: Highly Competitive
Company Overview: An industry-leading Consumer Product and Chemical Manufacturer is looking to add an Category Manager - Packaging position to its growing procurement department. You will lead procurement activities in cross-functional teams with launch and delivery of new category management initiatives. Act as a SME for packaging category, maintain business intelligence, current knowledge of market trends, commodity data, and regulatory guidelines and employ best in class procurement methodology for the category.
This position reports into the Procurement Director - Packaging and will help with implementing strategic plans for packaging (bottles, caps, corrugated, labels, etc.) in an FMCG environment. They are looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial mindset individual to join the team.
The Category Manager - Packaging is responsible for…
- Plan/execute sourcing strategies across all business units using the 7-step sourcing methodology for sourcing projects
- Research market dynamics, cost drivers, historical spend, and supplier business models to enhance negotiations
- Develop innovative optimization scenarios to minimize TCO and conduct post-implementation variance analysis
- Understand the supply and demand characteristics while negating supply risk
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers
- Ensure compliance around pricing, payment terms, volume commitments, rebates, etc.
- Support the Legal team in contract data, and addendums
- Keen awareness of industry performance benchmarks
- Manage key supplier performance goals and objectives as well as communicate periodic results to plan and manage top-level CI
- Develop, and deliver year-over -year cost savings through total cost management tools
The Category Manager - Packaging should have the following qualifications:
- BA degree required in Business or Engineering, preferable Packaging
- 5+ years of sourcing for raw materials at an enterprise level
- Experience managing multiple sites
- Strong communication skills
- Strong leadership, initiative, and planning skills
- Critical thinker, with excellent analytic abilities
- Up to 30% travel