Category Manager - Packaging EMEA
An exciting, growing company in the Chemicals industry based near Utrecht, NL are currently looking for an outstanding Category Manager for Packaging to join their market leading team in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment.
The company is a provider of cleaning and hygiene products serving customers in the hospitality, healthcare, food and beverage, food service, retail and facility management sectors They have enjoyed significant growth in the past year, because of this they are currently searching for exceptional talent worldwide to fit into their industry-leading organisation. As a result of these conditions, now is certainly a fantastic time to join an established, prospering company within an exciting and stable environment in the Chemical industry. If you are an ambitious and motivated professional with an exceptional track record in Packaging procurement, then do not hesitate to apply.
As a Category Manager, your tasks include driving and monitoring the development of purchasing processes at the tactical and strategic level, in an international environment which means you have to be flexible with travel when needed. The successful applicant will have strong experience in sourcing all types of Packaging including flexible and Plastic.
- Collaborate with all required disciplines (product management, engineering, operations, supply chain, technology and finance) to provide the most favourable pricing, quality, delivery, and relationship management (vendor) to meet company goals and objectives.
- Source and evaluate potential suppliers.
- Develop strategies, source suppliers and lead negotiations for raw materials, packaging, etc. including leading key vendor/supplier negotiations.
- Manage supply base and supplier relationships for the assigned region
- Act as liaison between requisitioners and vendors, receiving and vendors, and Quality Assurance and vendors. Work closely with vendors to ensure accurate and on-time delivery, managing the details of day-to-day business.
Skills and Experience Required:
▪ Minimum 3 years (prefer 5+) years professional experience in the industry, and 5+ years procurement experience purchasing chemical raw materials and indirect goods on international procurement markets.
▪ Established background in procurement and knowledge of Polymers and additives
▪ Successful supplier negotiations and contracts/long-term agreement execution experience.
▪ Must be a TAKE CHARGE person with a positive, proactive attitude with the ability to perform with minimal supervision.
▪ Very good English knowledge (Min C1) and an understanding of Dutch is preferred.
What this Job Offer you:
- Significant responsibility with industry-leading firm
- Quick progression opportunities
- World-class facilities
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you, apply below for a confidential discussion, or contact me directly on: +44 203 7588 797