Global Category Manager - Speciality Chemicals
A leading manufacturer of intermediate and finished Chemicals products are looking for a new Global Category Manager to look after Speciality Chemicals. They are a growing business and now have just over 1000 employees and 5 chemical production sites worldwide.
They are a highly specialised supplier and production partner of leading companies in the agrochemical, pharmaceutical and speciality chemical industries. The products they help to develop contribute to a better world in many areas - from crop protection products and medicines to personal care products, flavours and fragrances and food.
They are a pioneer for sustainability, by using by-products of chemical processes as raw materials for other reactions they cut down on raw material and energy waste.
* Collaborate with all required disciplines (product management, engineering, operations, supply chain, technology and finance) to provide the most favourable pricing, quality, delivery, and relationship management (vendor) to meet company goals and objectives.
* Source and evaluate potential suppliers.
* Develop strategies, source suppliers and lead negotiations for raw materials, packaging, etc. including leading key vendor/supplier negotiations.
* Manage supply base and supplier relationships for the assigned region
* Act as liaison between requisitioners and vendors, receiving and vendors, and Quality Assurance and vendors. Work closely with vendors to ensure accurate and on-time delivery, managing the details of day-to-day business.
Skills and Experience Required:
▪ Minimum 3 years (prefer 5+) years professional experience in the industry, and 5+ years procurement experience purchasing chemical raw materials on international procurement markets.
▪ Established background in procurement and knowledge of Polymers, additives and other speciality chemicals
▪ Successful supplier negotiations and contracts/long-term agreement execution experience.
▪ Must be a TAKE CHARGE person with a positive, proactive attitude with the ability to perform with minimal supervision.
What this Job Offer you:
· Significant responsibility with industry-leading firm
· Quick progression opportunities
· World-class facilities
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you, apply below for a confidential discussion, or contact me directly on:
Phone: +44 20366 78358