Title: Category Manager
Company Profile: A leading chemicals manufacturer is looking to add a Category Manager of Transportation to their team. This person will manage the strategic sourcing of bulk, truckload, and rail carriers for chemicals and materials while collaborating with internal stakeholders and managing vendor relationships.
The Category Manager will Be Responsible For the Following:
- Design sourcing strategies that improve cost, lead times, working capital, payment terms, and transparency of spend in alignment with the Strategic Procurement Process.
- Research, identify, select, develop, and manage supplier relationships to provide world-class service and transportation in coordination across multiple businesses.
- Researches and identifies capable vendors and initiates selection, qualification, and approval of new vendors in alignment with Strategic Procurement Process.
- Establishes and maintains proactive communication with internal stakeholders to identify cost saving opportunities.
- Point of contact for North America for issues related to service, commercial terms and contract disputes.
The Category Manager Should Have the Following Qualifications:
- Atleast 7 years of experience sourcing indirect categories or related.
- Supply Chain experience with chemicals or a related industry.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business Administration or a related field.
- Strong quantitative and data analysis skills.
The Category Manager position provides:
- Competitive salary with additional benefits.
- Benefits package with Retirement plan.
- 3-4 weeks of PTO.
- Position is newly created and good opportunity to build out a role and team and make it your own.
This is a full time permanent position that will be fully remote!