This Chemical Manufacturing Organization is looking for a Senior Production Manager to join their growing team in the Charlotte area. This person will manage all activities within the production department including the direct management of numerous supervisors and supporting production operators. They will also coordinate the processes for all materials and manufacturing products to ensure that all production is done in a timely fashion and all goals are met or exceeded within the plant.
- Improve the Efficiency and Utilization of the Production Department.
- Direct oversight of all production personnel to guarantee their safety and health at all times.
- Operate the facility in a manner that protects the environment.
- Work closely with maintenance and Engineering to help maximize their efforts.
- Develop and update Batch Records as necessary for their accuracy.
- Work in accordance with company rules and regulations.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products.
- Oversee the Production Department daily work schedules to maintain adequate staffing resources, thus ensuring cost effective operation of the facility.
- Review manufacturing reports and resolve any operational, production, and / or maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering or a related industry preferred
- 7-10 years of supervision role within a Chemical Manufacturing environment required
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret P&IDs, common scientific and technical journals, and legal documents
- Formal Lean Manufacturing training is highly preferred
- Must be team oriented
- Strong leadership qualities and experience required