This Commodity Buyer will be responsible for sourcing Nuts & Ingredients and must have experience in Food and Beverage industries. While this is a challenging position, this individual will experience opportunity to make an impact on a recently centralised Procurement department and work with stakeholders and suppliers on negotiating and implementing strategies to source for these commodities.
- Manage the sourcing process from identification to delivery, ensuring the commercial and cost saving benefits are realized at the P&L level and ensuring on time delivery with the suppliers.
- Focus on suppliers and products with highest quality, highest on-time-delivery, shortest lead time, highest turns at targeted total cost.
- Develop best practice processes and work together with all business functions.
- Review and negotiate supply contracts, subcontractor agreements, and other terms and conditions.
- Work with Engineering and Quality to develop and maintain supplier inspection procedures and quality standards.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies and tactics to select the source.
This may include:
- development of RFPs, use of latest processes and tools such as e-Sourcing tools, bid evaluations, supplier evaluation, developing negotiation strategy, negotiation documents, supplier performance metrics and contracts.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative supplier analysis. Manage supplier relationships, track performance and communicate supplier performance feedback.
- Obtain and understand commodity market information to react and anticipate market changes that will impact the business and communicate to management.
- Leverage commodity expertise to participate in the NPI activities. Proactively communicate and escalate procurement issues related to quality, delivery, and cost with recommended solutions or options.
- Work with suppliers to identify and document root cause and implement effective corrective action for supply chain related issues.
- Responsible for promoting food safety and employee safety throughout the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field preferred 3+ years commodity purchasing experience with demonstrated increased progression of responsibility.
- Experience in manufacturing environment required. Must be results driven and work with a high level of accuracy and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with ability to develop and sustain strong vendor relations and demonstrate commitment to internal customer service.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and demonstrated sense of urgency when necessary to develop solutions or recommendations.
- Experienced with MS Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access. Experience with, or ability to readily learn, ERP/MRP Software.