A leading manufacturing company with global coverage is currently seeking a driven, and motivated individual to be their Commodity Manager of Mechanical Components at their Itasca, IL site.
The Commodity Manager- Mechanical will be responsible for:
- Supplier Identification, Assessment, and Relationship Management
- Supplier Rationalization
- Commodity Risk Assessments
- Cost Savings Initiatives
- New Product Development Support
- Commodity Market Updates
- Annual Commodity Budgeting
- Drive Purchasing activities of all assigned commodities and services striving to purchase them at the lowest possible total cost, consistent with quality and delivery expectations
The Commodity Manager- Mechanical should have the following qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization and successfully partner with cross-functional groups
- Develop commodity strategies and influence stakeholders
- Fabrication of metal stamping, machine parts, castings, plastic injection molding, overlays etc
- Operations / manufacturing experience of high-volume production required. Lean manufacturing experience / education preferred