Global Commodity Manager - Mechanical
This role is a Mechanical Commodity Manager for a contract manufacturing company with an EMS base in the aerospace, medical device, and tech industrial markets. This established company generates $1 billion in revenue and works with several Fortune 100 companies. In this position, you will work closely with existing teams to define and coordinate the commodity management and supply chain strategy for mechanical components. You will also manage a passive component global commodity team to expand the companies reach, as well as lead your team to negotiate competitive prices and business conditions, support process improvements, and supply best chain practices.
- Define strategic suppliers for passive components commodities including metals, plastics, and hardware, and implement a comprehensive methodology to rank, qualify, and promote preferred suppliers
- Coordinate commodity strategy between all manufacturing operations in the USA, China, Canada, and Mexico
- Hiring and training of a commodity management team with extensive mechanical commodity experience in North America
- Contract negotiations and effective commodity management to drive competitive prices
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, supply chain management, business administration, or other relevant work experience
- 15+ years of international experience within electronics contract manufacturing
- 10+ years of international experience with global commodity management
- 5+ years experience leading international commodity management teams
- Strong technical understanding of mechanical components
- Advanced knowledge of the global mechanical components market
- Ability to travel 25% domestically and internationally
- On-site position with flexible work environment
- Relocation package provided
If this role is of interest to you, please submit your resume to this job posting or reach out directly to Emily Newbury at (857) 362-0179!