The Continuous Improvement Engineer is responsible for sourcing, engaging, and delivering cost reduction projects in the areas of line performance, yields, defects, waste reduction and other controllable-cost opportunities. They will utilize DMAIC Six-Sigma technologies, approaches, tools to isolate causes of variation and then work to apply variation and other waste reduction solutions that deliver financial and other targeted results.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive pay and generous benefits package
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) contributions
- Collaborative and forward thinking culture
- Comprehensive relocation package
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Identifies cost reduction projects through assessments, evaluations, observations, studies and collaborative inquiries into line/process performance metrics and observations.
- Frames-up financial and/or defect reduction potential and quantifies primary and secondary performance metrics for targeted financial improvements.
- Utilizes DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) six-sigma processes and tools to isolate critical input variables that affect process variation and then works to ID viable changes, modifications, improvements to alleviate/reduce variation and deliver desired results.
- Works with Supervisors, Managers, Employees to engage projects and deploy improvement solutions including procedural changes, line modifications and other changes to process steps and/or equipment operation to ensure improvements are sustained in delivering results.
- Identifies additional project hopper opportunities and works with Plant Controller in vetting opportunities. Prioritizes efforts in collaboration with Plant Manager and staff .
- Serves as technical resource to leaders in applied statistics, process assessment techniques, cost determinations, project planning and execution, control plan implementation and savings impact calculations. Supports & coaches problem solving efforts and deployment of SPC control-charting tools.
- Partners with Supervisors, Quality, Maintenance, others in problem root-cause evaluation and solution deployment. Is integral member of the line/process team.
- Supports Line Performance Improvement/OEE Improvement efforts through socio-technical design applications of daily team problem solving and solutioning efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, industrial engineering, statistics, business, or other sciences (i.e., Biology, Chemistry, Food Science, etc.)
- Manufacturing floor experience (Supervision, CI, Quality, Maintenance).
- Strong analytical evaluation skills. Training as six-sigma black belt (BB).
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Minitab statistical software.
- Demonstrated industrial problem-solving experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills - outgoing personality energized by people and teamwork.
- Energetic, self-starting individual with skills in navigating the organization to get things done and a passion to figure out tough challenges.
- Prefers floor interactions and efforts in daily work to office environments.