The Continuous Improvement Engineer is responsible for sourcing, engaging, and delivering cost reduction projects in the areas of line performance, yields, defects, waste reduction and other controllable-cost opportunities. They utilize DMAIC Six-Sigma technologies, approaches, tools to isolate causes of variation and then work to apply variation and other waste reduction solutions that deliver financial and other targeted results.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, industrial engineering, statistics, business, or other sciences (i.e., Biology, Chemistry, Food Science, etc.)
- Manufacturing floor experience (Supervision, CI, Quality, Maintenance).
- Strong analytical evaluation skills. Training as six-sigma black belt (BB).
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Minitab statistical software.
- Demonstrated industrial problem-solving experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills - outgoing personality energized by people and teamwork.
- Energetic, self-starting individual with skills in navigating the organization to get things done and a passion to figure out tough challenges.
- Prefers floor interactions and efforts in daily work to office environments.