Senior Controls Engineer needed for Global Locomotive Company
- Mid Level
- Salary: $90,000-$120,000
- Birmingham, AL
A Leading Locomotive Company is looking to add a Senior Controls Engineer to their team of passionate, talented individuals!
The Senior Controls Engineer will work cross functionally to lead the design and maintenance of electrical controls systems for both domestic and international rail maintenance projects. As a representative of the longstanding excellence exhibited by this global company, you will get to utilize independent creativity, perception, and initiative in an innovative, dynamic environment.
The Senior Controls Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Improve maintenance trends through locomotive performance
- Program and troubleshoot electrical controls for hydraulic and pneumatic circuits
- Assist and provide technical advice to customers
- Gather data and feedback on equipment performance
- Maintain safe practices
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 4+ years of experience in Controls Engineering
- 4+ years of experience with complex mobile equipment, especially hydraulic systems
- Skilled in PLC programming, HMI/SCADA, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- High analytical and problem-solving ability