Corporate Packaging Engineering Manager
Location: Charlotte, NC (Remote)
Company Summary: A leading manufacturing company is searching for a Corporate Packaging Engineering Manager. Our client has a passion for creating innovative, aesthetic, and sustainable building materials. Corporate responsibility is a core characteristic of this company that seeks to make a difference for the planet, their employees and community. If you enjoy working in packaging and with a cross-functional leadership team, then this role is for you!
- Plan and direct packaging activities related to product specifications & requirements
- Manage and oversee packaging activities of all divisions, ensuring that they meet specific marketing, production, and cost requirements.
- Manage cross-functional project teams and lead all aspects of a project lifecycle
- Collaborate with Customers, Sales, Marketing and Product Management to establish packaging criteria, performance requirements, and target cost levels.
- Utilize Autodesk Inventor for the development 3-D sketches and designs
- Provide all necessary packaging specifications and assist in new supplier and component qualifications
- Direct and manage activities concerned with design and development of packaging for attractive and safe shipping of finished products
- Manage the development of prototype packaging using materials such as corrugated, wood, shrink & stretch wrap, EPS, and strapping
- Manage the testing and evaluations of prototypes and finished products for performance and quality purposes and develop modifications as necessary
- Directs plans, regulates, and controls activities related to specification and use of packaging products
- Develop strategies that reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) for packaging
- Manage team of 1-2 packaging engineers
- 5+ years of recent experience in packaging (wooden pallets, corrugated, stretch and shrink films, honeycomb, angle board, airbags, labels, foam, and strapping)
- Experience in Design for Six Sigma Methodologies (preferred)
- Competency in PDS & 3D CAD modeling (Sketchup, ArtiosCAD, Fusion)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging or equivalent engineering background.
- Must be a U.S. person as defined by 22 U.S.C. § 6010
If you are interested in the Corporate Packaging Engineering Manager position, apply today