Job Title: Cost Estimator
Company Profile: A fast growing, luxury electric automotive company is looking for an enthusiastic Cost Estimator to join their team full of innovative and passionate individuals who have the opportunity to create something revolutionary. This position will be based in the San Francisco Bay area and support the Supply Chain organization in manufacturing commodities.
The Cost Estimator will be responsible for:
- Providing product costs, process costs and cost driver analysis
- Collaborating cross-functionally with Purchasing, Engineering, Finance and Operations to provide defendable cost estimating support for existing, changing and new parts throughout the vehicle
- Developing Cost Models for both green and brown sights
- Building and identifying Cost Driver Models and support Design-to-Cost activities in early
- Collecting and maintaining key cost driver data including raw materials, production labor, machine rates, process parameters, SG&A and Engineering.
The Cost Estimator should have the following requirements:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and curiosity to build from scratch
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or finance discipline.
- 7 years' minimum experience in manufacturing costing of one or more of the following: Electronics, Casting, Stamping, Assembly, Tooling
- Proficient in excel based modeling; building detailed benchmark and what-if models for piece cost, tooling and engineering
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Experience in Automotive industry