- Develop a strategy for the development of procedures, projects, and policies to support the manufacturing facilities by benchmarking industry best practices.
- Align with compliance programs to align with the business strategy. Direct development of processes, procedures and technological solutions to better assess risk.
- Work with Food Safety Managers, Fresh Kitchen Managers, and Quality Assurance Managers at the corporate level
- Enhance and drive standardization of food/non-food safety and regulatory programs throughout the organization.
- Direct the gap analysis of new regulations and the development of plans to ensure compliance.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with federal Food and Drug Administration, U.S. Department of Agriculture and state and local regulators.
- Bachelor's degree required. Preference in food science, food microbiology, chemistry or related fields.
- Technical experience working in a dairy, bakery, or grocery environment.
- Excellent ability to communicate and work with cross functional teams.
- Exceptional strategic thinking, critical thinking, analytical reasoning, and problem solving skills.
- 15 years of experience in a specialized area within the food and beverage manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of microbiological principles