Director of Process Improvement - for a leading Retail Company
- Director of Process Improvement
- Midway, KY
A leading Retail company is seeking a Director of Process Improvement who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have Process Improvement experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Director of Process Improvement - identify, evaluate and implement operational improvements that generate cost savings and efficiencies. Our ideal candidate will be a change agent with strong communication skills who can garner support from those around them for the changes they seek, motivate, and influence the team to advance and achieve their goals and objectives. This strategic business role will report to our SVP of Distribution and will positively impact business operations by creating a competitive advantage and improve financial performance.
The Director of Process Improvement - should have the following skill set:
- The ideal candidate for this position has a bachelor's degree in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of experience, preferably in quality, manufacturing, engineering or technical service.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification required
- 2+ years of Six Sigma Black Belt experience in process improvement at a distribution center
- Strong financial acumen/experience in calculating cost benefit analysis and ROI
- Experience with cross-functional projects involving executive level members as well as support staff and distribution associate employee
- Data analysis and predictive modeling experience; ability to execute complex analysis and synthesize into a storyline to socialize, influence and drive action across the organization
- Advanced PC skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel (VLOOKUP, pivots, if-then statements, charts, graphs), Access (query, table comparison, building macros, building multiple links, creating dashboards), PowerPoint and Visio (development of process flows, map design layouts, value stream mapping)
The Director of Process Improvement - will:
- Planning, performing and implementing process improvement initiatives
- Diagraming and evaluating existing processes
- Organizing, leading and facilitating cross-functional project teams; developing metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities
- Collecting and analyzing data to identify root cause of problems; measuring performance against process requirements; aligning improvement to performance shortfalls
- Delivering presentations and training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement and control; surveying and analyzing best practices for techniques and processes; communicating team progress; performing cost and benefit analyses
- Leading process improvement projects within the business units
- Collaborating with other Business Process teams to develop and execute process improvement