- Director of Procurement - Consumer Goods
- Upper Level Management
- Nashville, TN
A leading CPG company is looking for a Director of Procurement to lead and develop the procurement department in the Greater Nashville area!
The Director will develop and implement new procurement strategies for the strategic sourcing for direct and indirect services. The individual will lead vendor negotiations and sourcing engagements while building new partnerships to ensure competitive supplier sourcing and pricing.
The Director of Procurement's Responsibilities will include:
- Implementing long term strategies and planning to maintain costs and ensure supplier consistency on the delivery and quality of goods.
- Overseeing annual budget processes, monthly purchase price variance (PPV) and procurement cost plans.
- Establish inventory stock levels, lead times, and reorder amounts for all supplies by collaborating with Plant Management.
- 30 - 40% domestic travel requirement.
- Overseeing procurement team mentoring, training, development and growth/improvement to meet any expected objectives and goals
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- 10+ years of experience in strategic purchasing and procurement in both direct and indirect spend categories.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or a related field (Master's/MBA preferred).
- Strong experience developing and applying supply chain methodology and cost effectiveness.
- Highly organized with the ability to prove strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.