Title: Director of Purchasing
Company Summary: A fast growing Food Production company is looking for a highly experienced purchasing leader to fill their Director of Purchasing role in the New York City Metro area. This individual should have a strong background in the Food Service Industry and will play a key role in the day-to-day purchasing operations, as well as strategic sourcing and cost savings implementation. Are you a self-driven leader looking to make an impact within your organization? If yes, please reach out to find more!
The Director of Purchasing will be responsible for:
* Developing a purchasing strategy for short-term and long-term results, including an assessment of the company's current state, three-year future state design and a phased transition plan.
* Coordinating and recommending locally and corporately sourced goods.
* Managing and analyzing RFP's, RFI's, and RFQ's.
* Leading the development, negotiation, and execution of key contracts and vendor relationships while managing three direct reports.
* Key participant in the New Product Development process.
* Monitoring the external global marketplace and key cost drivers including raw materials, currency exchange rates, freight, labor, etc.
* Partnering with the Sales & Operations Planner to develop reliable forecasts and optimize inventory.
The Director of Purchasing should have the following qualifications:
* BA or BS in Business, Engineering, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline. MBA is a plus.
* 7-10+ years of global strategic sourcing and vendor relationship experience.
* Experience in the development, execution, and lifecycle management of Supply Contracts, MSAs, SOWs and SLAs
* Commodity experience in one or more of the following areas; paper, plastic, molded fiber and/or aluminum packaging, agricultural products, sauces and/or condiments.
* Experience with competitive bidding (RFI, RFP, RFQ), calculating total cost of ownership, grading, and scoring of non-cost factors, vendor selection, and vendor risk assessment.
* Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and MS PowerPoint; experience with SAP, MS Access, and e-Sourcing techniques is a plus.
* Strong communication skills.
* Detail oriented, experience managing a team and eagerness to learn and embrace new approaches.
* Competitive Compensation
* Benefits Package
* Relocation Assistance if Necessary
If you are interested in the Director of Purchasing role, then please don't wait to apply.