An industry-leading cosmetics company is looking to hire a Head of Procurement in the Greater LA area. This company is rapidly expanding and is quickly becoming a household name. As they transition from a small to mid-size company, they need an experienced Procurement professional to lead up this space. They are looking for someone who is forward thinking, works well in a fast-paced environment and who is looking to take the next step in their career with a company that is going to help them grow and develop. This company has a strong culture, offers a competitive salary and benefits.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Heading up the Procurement department and making influential decisions regarding negotiation, contracts, vendors, and spend responsibilities
- Work closely with many direct and RAW materials needed to make cosmetics and packaging components
- Lead a team of buyers and procurement managers
- Work cross functionally with the planning and production teams to ensure efficiency of the company
- Be a forward-thinking leader with the ability to think on their feet
- A strategic problem-solver with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years of procurement experience
- Work experience in the cosmetics or related industry including food and beverage, consumer goods etc
- Ideally a Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- The ability to take on new tasks and projects quickly
- Strong leadership skills
This position is a full-time position with a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package. This company is located in the Great Los Angeles area.