Director of Supply Chain
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Working Situation: Hybrid
Our client, a global electrical manufacturing company is looking for a Director of Supply Chain who will be responsible for developing and implementing supply chain strategies to ensure that critical supply chain processes run effectively and achieve organizational goals and performance KPIs. You will coordinate with the Product Design and/or Program Management teams, so that new and existing products can be optimally sourced and integrated into the supply chain.
The Director of Supply Chain will be responsible for:
- Optimize warehousing functions, including shipping, receiving and material handling, for productivity while maintaining inventory accuracy.
- Drive effective supplier management relationships focused on quality, supply assurance, and cost.
- Negotiate prices for raw material, production supplies, outside services and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies.
- Drive continuous improvement for MRP and other ERP based systems for managing procurement, planning, and inventory management in line with achieving quality, delivery, and inventory goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or technical field required.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience required. 5+ years of experience in supply chain required.
- 3+ years of experience managing direct reports required.
- 3+ years of experience with contract negotiations.
- Electrical Manufacturing or Semi-Conductor experience preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP, Ariba, Oracle)