As a critical part of their mid to long-term development, we are currently supporting this client to find a new Distribution Manager in Munich. This position will be leading the distribution, planning and executing the growth of their logistics processes, as the business continues to take over their competitor's market share. As a growing e-commerce brand that champions their supply-chain infrastructure as the key to their customer-satisfaction, they are eager to find a passionate leader to continue adding value.
- Co-ordinating and optimizing the logistics process to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Planning and controlling the utilization and route-optimized deployment of our truck fleet and our drivers throughout Europe.
- Permanently monitoring, controlling and improving key KPIs such as costs, delivery times and availability at all locations.
- Leading a team of 20 drivers across continental Europe, and monitoring the service quality, as well as upskilling your team through training for further development.
- Inspiring your team for the big picture of innovative mobility and leading your team to grow and build an excellent team mentality.
- Specific commercial training in logistics/freight forwarding:
- zum/zur Speditionskaufmann/-frau,
- zum/zur Kaufmann/-frau im Eisenbahn- und Straßenverkehr (Schwerpunkt: Güterkraftverkehr),
- zur Fortbildung zum/zur Verkehrsfachwirt/-in,
- als Diplom-Betriebswirt/-wirtin im Ausbildungsbereich Wirtschaft, Fachrichtung Spedition der Berufsakademien Lörrach und Mannheim oder im Fachbereich Wirtschaft I,
- Studiengang Verkehrswirtschaft und Logistik, Fachrichtung Güterverkehr der Fachhochschule Heilbronn, Bachelor of Arts,
- Studiengang Betriebswirtschaftslehre/Spedition, Transport und Logistik der Berufsakademien Lörrach und Mannheim,
- Bachelor of Arts, Studiengang Verkehrsbetriebswirtschaft und Logistik, Vertiefungsrichtung Verkehrslogistik der Hochschule Heilbronn
- Relevant experience in logistics, supply chain or freight forwarding with the confidence to set up and operate transport networks.
- Proven management track-record, having previously lead teams.
- Data driven mindset, with a structured and goal-oriented way of working.
- Quick on your feet and great fire-fighting skills, to adapt to any situation.
- English and German fluent; another European language is a great benefit.
What the role offers you:
- Highly influential role, with a significant potential to shape the future of the European organisation
- Working for a highly ambitious organisation, leading pharmaceutical developments within their sector
- Part of a diverse, international network of employees
- Opportunities to lead the growth and development of the European team
- Responsibility for products with a highly positive impact on society.