Established EV Supplier Seeking an Electric Machine Design Engineer (HYBRID)
- Hybrid Opportunity!
- Greater Indianapolis area
A Multi-Billion-Dollar Electric Vehicle Supplier is looking for a specific talent to join their team as an Electric Machine Design Engineer! This Electric Machine Design Engineer will have the flexibility to work remotely as they play an integral role in the overall development of new product development and continuous improvement projects.
If you are a highly motivated Engineer looking for a challenging next step- This is the role for you
The Electric Machine Design Engineer would be responsible for:
- Support electric machine design and analysis of IPM machines, Induction machines, Wound rotor synchronous machines and New Electric Machine concepts.
- Develop and utilize multi-physics design optimization tools
- Provide first-order cooling system design (air, water jacket, direct oil cooling) using thermal analysis
- Familiar with Maxwell 2D & 3D (Magnetic FEA), Ansys Mechanical (Structural and Thermal FEA), Simplorer, MotorCAD and Matlab/Simulink.
- Provide directions for electric machine technology roadmap, and define projects to pursue
The Electric Machine Design Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- D. and MS degree in electrical engineering preferred, BS in electrical engineering required
- Minimum 5 years' industry experience in electric machine design required
- Extensive experience with design and analysis of electric machines required
- Experience working with traction motors and powertrain accessory motors is needed.
- Proficiency in structural and thermal FEA preferred
- Very good knowledge of e-machine control methods and implementation