Electrical Engineer | Southern Louisiana
A leading marine construction company is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join their manufacturing facility in Southern Louisiana. Know for their large and complex vessels, this shipbuilder will offer an Engineer with Marine Electrical experience the chance to grow and thrive in a booming industry.
- Review EPLA, One Line, Voltage Drop and related documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Size and develop drawings for shipboard cable trays and transits.
- Review equipment electrical information to ensure proper integration into overall electrical system.
- Assist in reviewing and developing cable pull list in accordance with Project One-lines and block diagrams.
- Work with major electrical subcontractors to resolve field issues related to the installation and testing of shipboard cable and electronics
- Assist in monitoring electrical subcontractor for status of installation and testing of shipboard electrical scope and report progress to project stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 2+ years' experience in marine electrical systems.
- Knowledge and experience with ABS, USCG, IEEE, IEC, and other applicable standards for shipboard electrical systems.