Electrical Engineering Group Lead Needed for Leading Manufacturing Company
Owings Mills, Maryland
Are you looking to make a move and take on more responsibility? A leading designer and manufacturer of specialized test equipment manufacturing company is currently seeking a Electrical Engineering Group Lead for their Maryland location! This Electrical Engineering Group Lead would be reporting to the Director of Engineering and responsible for new product development and supervising assignments.
If you are results-oriented and looking for the next step in your career - apply today!
- Perform all aspects of system engineering for new product development and sustaining, including: concept, architecture, block/functional diagrams, system level schematics, schematic capture, and PCB design.
- Supervises and manages 3-4 direct engineering reports including feedback and mentoring on both technical and professional issues, performance appraisal and review, and recruitment as necessary.
- Lead the design and development of embedded OS systems, transitioning to connected devices (WiFi, Bluetooth, cellular modem) with an embedded OS architecture where needed.
- Provide trouble-shooting and technical evaluation of existing, new, and custom products.
- Prepare assembly drawings and instructions for production as well as maintaining electronic drawing files, specifications and other reference materials.
- Works closely with manufacturing engineering, marketing, purchasing and other cross-functional teams to fulfill departmental objectives.
- S Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of experience in product development, including 5+ years of experience with embedded operating systems
- Hardware knowledge, surface mount technology, debugging, PCB manufacturing processes
- Experience in the design of analog and digital electronic circuits including low noise analog circuits, op-amps, filters, A/D and D/A converters, microprocessors, and power supplies
- Experience with wired and wireless communication
- Experience with software version control systems as well as bug and issue tracking systems
- Familiarity with safety standards and regulations such as CE Marking
- Familiarity with stage gate development and/or Agile development