The Global Category Manager will develop and execute global procurement strategies through a deep understanding of market dynamics, cost drivers and vendor landscapes, to achieve a step change in terms of buy over the next 24-36 months. This position will focus in on raw materials, specifically chemicals and inks. The position will lead and develop cross-functional teams with representation from each one of the business segments. The teams will work closely with replenishment teams and distribution facilities to ensure proper safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and cost is delivered through a strategically optimized global supplier network.
The Global Category Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing assigned category purchases within raw materials and chemicals with a spend of $100MM+
- Achieve Y-o-Y cost savings, enable product substitution working closely with technology division, help to manage the working capital
- Negotiates price and other cost reductions to achieve PPV (purchase price variance) targets
- Managing internal and external customer relationships with all relevant stakeholders and suppliers
- Monitor and provide solutions to any problems that arise in buy, release, receive, and pay process
- Ability to reference raw material indices and data to forecast cost model
The Global Category Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in sciences/engineering, supply chain, logistics, operations, business, or a related field - A Master's degree is a benefit.
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing industry experience with an additional 5 years exposure to supply chain/procurement, managing commodity sourcing.
- Strategic thought leader with strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills, utilizing Excel, databases, BI tools
- Ability to manage cross-functional projects across multiple geographic regions / time zones
- Experience working on a Global Scope
- Experience within the Chemical Industry is a benefit
The Global Category Manager will be critical to the procurement divisions success, driving cost savings initiatives across the globe, and overseeing the sourcing process from start to finish.
If you are interested in the Global Category Manager role, please contact Sophie Elsmo and don't wait to apply.