A global leader in the metals industry is looking to grow their category management team. With quality and sustainability at its core, this company is aiming to be climate-neutral in the near future. This company have over 15,000 employees across 35 countries, offering a diverse workforce, with a global exposure. This role would be suitable for a forward-thinking, resilient individual.
- Own group-wide strategy, establishing relationships with vendors and negotiating agreements
- Identify, establish and improve best practices whilst building cross-functional teams.
- Managing a team of procurement professionals
- 7+ years' experience in strategic sourcing, with the majority of this in the metals commodity (alloys, non-ferrous metals, ferro alloys, steel, aluminium etc.)
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to demonstrate success in managing complex, cross-functional activities; whilst being actively solution-oriented.
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills; professional fluency in English is essential, other languages are beneficial but not essential.
- Exposure to a challenging and diverse work environment along with the opportunity to travel
- This role can be flexible in terms of office presence, with a number of locations available across Germany and Switzerland.