A global leader in the speciality chemicals industry is currently looking to expand their procurement team. Operating in over 25 countries with over 50 manufacturing plants across the globe, this role will offer you exposure to the global market. This company are also strengthening their research and development to ultimately create value through innovation and technology. This role would be suitable for a forward-thinking, resilient individual.
- Build, develop and implement global sourcing strategies whilst driving expertise and process excellence. Identify and establish best practices.
- Own group-wide strategy, establishing relationships with vendors and negotiating agreements
- Ensure compliance with purchasing ethics whilst building and maintaining positive business relationships
- Several years' experience in strategic sourcing, particularly focusing on chemicals (polymers, plastics, resins, elastomers or coatings). Industry-related commercial experience is beneficial but not essential.
- Good market knowledge for polyolefins and related polymer and raw materials categories
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills; professional fluency in English is essential. Other languages such as French and German are beneficial but not essential.
- The ability to demonstrate success in managing complex, cross-functional activities; whilst being actively solution-oriented.
- Exposure to a challenging and diverse work environment along with the opportunity to travel
- This role is a hybrid setting - based in Belgium, Switzerland or Germany