Global Commodity Manager Castings & Machining (m/f/d)
A global market leading manufacturing company are searching for a Global Commodity Manager to join their team based in Dusseldorf. The company manufactures motors, bearings, gearing, conveying, couplings, electric components, blowers for electric motors and power transmissions. This position will provide regional category leadership, aligning with global category strategies and working closely with multiple site locations, deploying strategies and coordinating on global supply chain activities to ensure that cost, quality and delivery objectives are achieved.
- Manages complex multi-year supplier relationships aligned to enable our front end portfolio strategies
- Plans, organises, directs, controls and communicates all strategic sourcing activities related to assigned commodities and services to cross functional supply, engineering, technical support and operations group
- Conducts brainstorming sessions at facilities with cross functional teams to identify strategic opportunities and deployment priorities on cost saving initiatives.
- Provides oversight to sourcing/project managers on the deployment of projects with internal and external stakeholder
- Collaborates with global and regional supply teams to identify, screen and qualify strategic suppliers. Works with global facilities to create regional and global material cost savings funnels that align with commercial strategies and financial targets
- Drives spend analysis, including counter measures for projects that fall short of plan and makes decisions to remedy the issues to get the teams back on track to meet or exceed plan * Possesses an understanding of total cost of ownership
- Proactively assesses internal and external process improvements and influences effective change and drive innovation and continuous improvements
- Collaborates with global business units on the preparation of Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotations (RFQ's) and leads the screening and supplier selection process
- Negotiate and drafts supplier contracts of sale, including: payment terms, deliveries, price, freight terms, currency exchange, raw material steel fluctuation, inventory levels
- Analyses market and delivery conditions to determine present and future (industry trends in pricing and
availability that will impact the business) material availability, and prepares market analysis reports
- Responsible for timely reporting to agreed upon KPI's and presenting Strategic Sourcing plans, activities and progress
- Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Manages Conflict - Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
Experience and Skill Required:
- BA or BS degree preferably in Supply Chain/Operations Management, minimum in a business/industrial related field
- 5 years of experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment with experience in strategic
- Fluent English and German
- Procurement/Supply Chain, or similar position
- Proven success of strategically working with suppliers
- Experience sourcing in low cost regions
- Experience working with multiple locations globally
- Proven success in a change management and "stretch" environment
- Ownership of casting and machining categories with general knowledge of other categories such as steel, resin, forgings and stampings is a plus
- Proven success in a matrix driven organisation
How to apply:
- If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you then please contact me directly on: +44 203 7588 815 or lawrence.semper-