A leading electronics manufacturing company in the Greater Chicago Area is looking to expand their team with a newly developed role. The Global Demand Planning Manager will assist in implementing the Sales and Operations Planning process. This individual will drive key objectives including improved sales basis, forecasting accuracy, improvements to operational efficiencies, optimizing inventory performance and improving service levels.
- Lead & develop the monthly demand plan collaborating across the organization.
- Assist with the implementation of the monthly S&OP process.
- Assist with defining the underpinning meetings required to support the S&OP process
- Define the calendar cross functionally and facilitate monthly meetings.
- Communicate key actions and decisions to drive organizational alignment around the monthly plans.
- Establish demand planning measures and controls with a closed loop root cause and corrective action process to improve forecast bias and accuracy.
- Work closely cross functionally to develop accurate demand plans while supporting the optimization of supply and inventory plans. Establish a single enterprise plan.
- Identify gaps to supply and demand alignment leading teams to identify scenarios to mitigate and prepare recommendations for senior leadership review.
- Support overall roadmap to achieve objectives, including process, application support tools, policies, and control mechanisms.
- Establish the mechanism to track overall S&OP process maturity and lead key process improvement initiatives.
- Assist in identifying process and technology gaps & the selection and implementation of supporting tools & applications.
- Directly manage the supporting team of demand planners.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management or business.
- 8-10 years of progressive supply chain planning with experiencing leading a demand planning team.
- Experience in implementing a global S&OP
- APICS or related certifications desired.
- Track record for achieving results in a matrix environment.