I am currently engaged with a major American FMCG manufacturer of household goods, and they are looking to expand their procurement function at their UK headquarters in Folkestone, UK.
The Global Manufacturing Services Procurement Manager is responsible for leading our European Procurement Strategy for the supply of Finished/Semi-Finished goods and services via a range of sub-contract manufacturers and partners globally. They will lead a team of 3 to ensure that a range of suppliers is maintained to minimise risk to supply and provide High Delivery Performance, Right first time Quality standard, Competitive Total Costs and Innovation of both Product and Processes.
- Engaging with stakeholders in the creation and delivery of Strategies for specific spend categories using their input to close supply gaps
- Identifying new suppliers through the Vendor selection process to support the Procurement and Global Business Strategy
- Supporting R&D with the acquisition of Intellectual Property rights for formulae
- Developing Supply Partnerships based on understanding, commitment and trust and secure these with appropriate agreements/contracts in line with our CARP (Contract Approval and Review Policy) ensuring compliance to Global Procurement and Global Manufacturing Policy
- Supporting strategic direction to improve Responsiveness and Flexibility in the end to end Supply Chain
- Leadership, coaching and education of the immediate Team to deliver:
- New Product Introduction tasks from Procurement right time/right cost
- Continuous improvement cost savings and G2G savings
- Risk analysis and SRM
- Creation of Supply Strategies and periodic review with Internal Partners
- Supplier Relationship and Performance Management
- Lead and Direct the sourcing of Innovation through existing and selected new suppliers
- Team Development and Performance Management
- Procurement Management Meeting
- Monthly Reviews with US GMS Team
- Supplier Sourcing Projects
- Contract Selection and Negotiation
- Monthly risk Analysis - Financial health report
- Management Reporting - PPV, Brand Updates, Capacity plans
- Annual Assessment of Price Movements in preparation for Standard Cost Setting
- Review and validate NPI COG Estimates and Final Product Cost approval
- New Business Awards to Suppliers
- Support Supply & Demand Planning in avoiding or resolving potential out of stocks
- Support/Commercial Leverage for Quality Team with serious Supplier Quality issues
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Third-party Procurement Manager, having worked within a global organisation with a significant amount of cross-border working.
- Be CIPS Qualified or hold another relevant Professional Qualification
- Have proven Procurement experience with a track record of delivering strategies and cost improvements
- Have a strong understanding of End to End Supply Chain within a pharmaceutical regulatory environment
- Ideally have experience of Procurement Marketing, Engineering, Logistics and other General Indirect
- Have a good technical understanding of both manufacturing processes and the packaging technologies associated with Personal Care and OTC Medical Devices
- Be an experienced SAP user
- Have excellent English both written and oral, other languages particularly French would be desirable
- Have strong analytical abilities and the ability to resolve issues effectively.
- Be a skilled negotiator regarding cost, relationships and contracts
This role will be based approximately 50% in the office and 50% working from home, it will require the ability to travel 10/15% of the working week.
If you're interested, please don't hesitate to apply via this ad, send me a message on Linked In or email me at