A global leader in the chemical manufacturing industry with over 3000 employees across 20+ countries is looking to expand their senior leadership team. As the Head of EMEA Procurement, you will play a critical role in optimizing procurement operations across the EMEA region. You will be leading a team of 10, responsible for overseeing indirect procurement (largest spends being MRO, capex, professional services, energy), direct procurement (raw materials) as well as driving procurement excellence. Your strong management skills, procurement expertise, and strategic mindset will be key assets in achieving success in this role.
- Lead and manage the EMEA procurement team, providing guidance, mentorship, and fostering a high-performance culture.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies to optimize procurement processes and drive cost savings while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align procurement strategies with organizational goals and objectives.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, automation, and standardization within the procurement function to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, negotiating contracts and agreements to ensure favourable terms and conditions.
- Monitor market trends, analyze supplier performance, and identify potential risks to develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Prepare and present regular procurement performance reports and updates to senior management, highlighting key achievements, challenges, and recommended actions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Multiple years professional procurement experience in global environment, ideally with a focus on indirect procurement and experience in procurement excellence. Exposure to direct procurement will be extremely beneficial.
- Proven experience in leading and managing a team, with a track record of successful team development and collaboration.
- Familiarity with procurement processes, procurement excellence, and best practices.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills, with the ability to influence and build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Professional fluency in English is essential, Spanish or other European language skills are beneficial but not essential.
Why Join Us:
- Opportunity to lead and shape procurement operations in a dynamic and growing organization.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- Career development and growth opportunities.