Head of Global Procurement - DE
An exciting, growing company in the Chemical industry based in the north of Germany are currently looking for a Head of Global Procurement to join their market leading team in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment. The group comprises companies that are active in distribution, production and services related to chemistry. A total of over 25,000 products are traded and produced. This serves more than 30,000 customers worldwide.
As the Head of Global Procurement, you would be responsible for the global purchasing activity for the group managing a spend of 900m€ and leading a team of 30+.The successful applicant will have strong experience in sourcing Chemical Raw Materials and is a fluent speaker in German and English
- Head the Global Purchasing activity for the group.
- Management and responsibility for all commercial processes and strategies in the procurement process of the chemical companies of the group
- Constant optimisation of structures, supply chain, company processes and margin improvement
- Leadership, coaching and further development of the teams * Manage supply base and supplier relationships for the assigned region
- Lead 6 team leaders with a total employee responsibility of 30 people
- Coordination and close exchange with other companies, production sites, logistics departments and sales units while continuously analysing the market environment
Skills and Experience Required:
▪ Several years of experience in strategic sourcing or global procurement in the chemical industry, as well as the establishment and further development of a centrally managed global procurement organisation
▪ Visionary, strategic thinker - You are able to develop a multi-year vision and strategy and align your teams accordingly
▪ Development of solid business cases as part of project investments to increase the value of the group under supervision and management of the budget ▪ Must be a 'hands-on' person with a positive, proactive attitude with the ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- They have strong communication and social skills and are able to act at all levels of the organisation and to influence key stakeholders
▪ Very good German and English knowledge (Min C1)
What this Job Offer you:
- Significant responsibility with industry-leading firm
- Short decision-making processes ensure that measures are implemented quickly
- World-class facilities
- An attractive compensation package combined with a company car
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you, apply below for a confidential discussion, or contact me directly on: +44 203 7588 797