A leading global supplier of integrated automated technology, software, and services to optimize supply chain processes, is seeking an experience procurement executive to join their team in Charlotte, NC.
This executive role will lead the Global purchasing function including all entities and regions, for all direct and indirect sourcing and procurement. This responsibility includes strategic vision, operational planning, and execution. The Head of Procurement will lead a team of senior direct reports, with sourcing and procurement professionals deployed across the world. The Head of Procurement will lead sourcing and procurement processes and systems across the organization.
- Maintain ongoing value creation with a world class supply base
- Developing and implementing procurement strategy, operational policies and procedures, and short, mid and long-term goals and objectives.
- Analyze global spend models and valuations for all opportunities
- Creation and improvement of best-practice based processes to help identify possible cost saving areas
- Build a diverse world class Global Procurement Team that is highly engaged, innovative, efficient and productive
- Partner closely with the leaders in Business Development, Customer Service, Global Project Engineering, Research & Development, Project Management, Finance, Operations, Information Technology, Legal and Human Resources to align priorities and drive business results
- Establish metrics and leverage data to drive functional excellence and business results by identifying trends and recommending solutions to improve performance, drive efficiency and create continuous improvement
- Oversee the negotiation and management of key supplier relationships and global supply contracts.
- Share accountability for business results by identifying and implementing purchasing strategies and solutions that improve business performance.
- Partner with executive leadership team to implement effective strategies to enable meaningful change and the opportunity that it brings
- Continually assess the competitiveness and effectiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries, and markets
- Build leadership and management capability to facilitate an open and inclusive environment that increases team member engagement
- Provide oversight and direction in the handling of complex customer or project technical matters, ensuring the most successful results and complete compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Champion initiatives that support the success of the organization's growth and reinforce a collaborative, aligned, and engaged culture
- 10+ years of executive-level Procurement leadership experience in a global, fast paced, innovative, engineering / technology company with similar scope of overall purchasing spend
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, and relevant direct work experience required; Master's degree preferred
- Previous spend responsibly of $3B+
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility and confidence with a wide variety of leaders including internal stakeholders, customers and vendors and be seen as a trusted advisor and expert
- Demonstrated advanced customer focus, judgement, analytical skills, critical thinking and communication skills (verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal) required
- Strong business and financial acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and business analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability and experience working effectively in a self-directed, proactive, results-oriented, complex, fast paced environment across all levels
- Demonstrated experience in driving initiatives, holding themselves accountable for results and ensuring continuous improvement
- Ability to innovate and create strategies that significantly improve supply chain efficiencies to enable the organization to achieve business results
- Demonstrated success developing sourcing strategies and cultivating and sustaining successful supplier relationships
- Experience in all aspects of the purchasing process including: demand management (via stakeholder management) that then drives supply analysis/strategy, supplier identification, sourcing execution, contract negotiation, delivery planning and monitoring, purchase execution, and then ongoing performance management and improvement
- Strong knowledge of related industry operating costs, procurement methods, and pricing practices
- Strong knowledge of laws and regulations of government or other control bodies, supply and demand fundamentals, and currency valuation dynamics
- Capability of acting globally (especially with a good understanding of business in China)
- Passion to build up a high performing organization within a collaborative team setup
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels both internal and external and competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions