HVAC Engineer/Plant Engineer
DSJ Global is currently seeking an experienced HVAC Engineer as well as a Plant Engineer for a permanent position in Boston, Massachusetts. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the operational efficiency of our client's facilities, encompassing plants, utility systems, buildings, and equipment.
You will be responsible for the following:
Design and Operations
- Devise detailed, technically robust designs and operational solutions to support our client's plant utility systems, which encompass HVAC systems, chillers, chilled water systems, cooling towers, plant steam, chilled process glycol systems, heating hot water systems, freezers, cold rooms, fume hoods, biosafety cabinets, fire protection systems, building automation systems, and associated controls.
- Contribute expertise in designing equipment such as cooling towers, chillers, packaged and custom HVAC units, dehumidifiers, fans, pumps, heat exchangers, control valves, and associated instrumentation.
- Develop conceptual and basis-of-design level design approaches and documentation, including system design for variable exhaust and supply, combustible and non-combustible dust collection, air-to-air, air-to-water, and water-to-water heat recovery, general and process exhaust, ventilation, and general HVAC.
- Perform humidity, temperature, and utility load calculations, specify ductwork and pipe material and sizing for various systems and pressure classes.
- Create airflow diagrams, pressurization plans, classification plans, ductwork and piping plans, P&IDs, equipment plans, and plant utility distribution plans.
- Develop building automation system (BAS) control philosophy, details, and sequence of operations.
- Proactively identify and address maintenance needs, set priorities, project resource requirements, and manage the maintenance workflow effectively.
- Provide technical guidance and oversee team members while actively participating in problem-solving endeavors.
- Demonstrate leadership by offering technical engineering oversight for project execution plans and associated engineering studies, particularly concerning equipment component installation.
- Support programs and systems with procedures and training, ensuring compliance with all regulatory and company requirements.
- Develop scopes of work, project execution plans, and engineering studies for equipment installation, modification, or replacement, all in accordance with site specifications.
- Candidates should possess a High School Diploma (or equivalent) with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience OR an associate's degree along with 8 years of experience OR a bachelor's degree with at least 5 years of experience OR a Master's Degree with over 3 years of experience, OR a PhD with a minimum of 0+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing preventive and predictive maintenance programs is essential.
- Proficiency in applying Process Safety Management elements is crucial.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Asset Management Solution or other CMMS applications is required.
- A thorough understanding of cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices), Food and Drug Administration regulations, current pharmaceutical industry standards, and/or other relevant regulations is preferred.
- Candidates should be highly motivated, proactive, and capable of working independently or collaboratively within a team environment.
- The ability to adapt and reprioritize tasks in response to changing departmental or facility needs, along with openness to diverse ideas and approaches, is essential.
- This is a permanent position based in Boston, Massachusetts.
- The salary for this position is $100,000-130,000
- The industry is Pharmaceuticals.
- Referral Bonus Eligibility: YES
- Eligible for Relocation Package: YES
- Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and eligibility.
HVAC Engineer/Plant Engineer