Indirect Category Manager - MRO & CapEx
Our client, a premier biotech organization focused on sustainability efforts, is looking for an Indirect Category Manager - MRO & CapEx as the primary commodities this role will oversee.
The Indirect Category Manager - MRO & CapEx is a newly created position within the organization as the successful candidate will develop the strategy for all sites and greenfield operations across North America for these categories and facility sites. Given this is a global and European based organization, the successful candidate also has the opportunity to have their strategy implemented within the European sites should high cost savings be identified.
Given the highly technical commodities, the ideal candidate has a strong engineering background.
The Indirect Category Manager - MRO & CapEx will be responsible for:
- Drive supplier performance, contract effectiveness, collaboration and integration and deliver improved results with key suppliers within assigned commodities.
- Develop and implement approved strategies for assigned commodities that actively search for performance improvement and cost reduction opportunities by understanding customer needs, supply market trends and innovation
- Highly collaborate with the engineering, maintenance operations, and indirects sourcing team
- Conduct detailed demand, spend, cost and market analysis and a structured approach to tendering and negotiating with suppliers
The Indirect Category Manager - MRO & CapEx has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or relevant field
- Minimum 2 years of purchasing experience, preferably in commodity management positions
- Minimum 5 years in an Engineering role
- Previous category experience within: CapEx, Facilities, and/or MRO