Environmental Health and Safety Industrial Hygiene Supervisor needed for a Leading Chemicals Company
- EHS Industrial Hygiene
- New Jersey
A global leader in the materials, chemicals, and solutions industry is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor in one of their key facilities in New Jersey. The EHS Specialist tasked with overseeing industrial hygiene at the site, managing EHS programs to maintain compliance with applicable regulations, increase operational efficiency and sustainability. The EHS Supervisor will ensure group safety and industrial hygiene procedures are being implemented including coordinate industrial hygiene sampling, interpret results, recommend improvements in the manufacturing facility.
Responsibilities for the EHS Supervisor include:
- Maintain applicable safety, health, and environmental procedures
- Industrial Hygienics
- Perform Industrial Hygiene risk assessments using group-validated methodologies.
- Perform analyses of IH screening results and develop annual sampling plans.
- Manage inventory of Substances of Very High Concern (Health-SVHC). Recommend elimination, substitution where feasible or exposure minimization.
- Manage the elimination of industrial hygiene Risk level 1 (red line)
- Ensure safe and compliant operations while increasing environmental sustainability
- Provide necessary support to maintain site external management systems certifications (e.g. OSHA VPP, RCMS, ISO 9001)
Ideal of Qualifications for the EHS Supervisor include:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required
- Prior experience Industrial Hygienics required
- CSP, CIH or related professional certification preferred
- 3+ years' experience EHS experience
- Prior experience working in a highly regulated industry in a manufacturing facility
- Familiarity working with OSHA, ISO 9001 systems