A market leader in the manufacturing industry are looking for a passionate and ambitious Lead Buyer of Direct Materials to join their team in Aßlar, Germany.
The company is a market specialist that designs, manufactures and sells turbo molecular Vacuum Technology and Vacuum Pumps, leak detectors, mass spectrometers, rotary vane pumps and gas analysers. Their technologies are shaping the future
This is a great opportunity to join a well renowned company that employs over 3, 500 people in 20 subsidiaries. The company operates in Europe, Asia, The United States and is continuously expanding.
They are looking for a candidate that can work autonomously and lead several big projects simultaneously. An individual that is ambitious, self-driven and motivated.
- As a Lead Buyer of Direct Materials you will be responsible for purchasing new parts, new materials, machines and systems etc.
- Setting up the purchasing strategy for different projects.
- Creating project plans to control the essential purchasing decisions in the supply and development project process.
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers specifying requirements in terms of quality, quantity, delivery schedules and other KPI's, etc.
- Ensuring that purchasing and stock levels are maintained for production.
- Developing and implementing sustainable purchasing processes and strategies.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Business fluent in English, German is an advantage. Good English writing skills.
- A university degree or equivalent.
- Previous experience in strategic or project purchasing for a company is preferred.
- A willingness to travel on business, approximately 20%.
- Good presentation skills, project management and an understanding of the product development process.
- Competitive salary and an attractive package.
- Career progression with an employer that is continuously expanding.
- International work and expansion opportunities.
You are motivated and results driven, with a passion for success that focuses on continuous improvement.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you, apply below for a confidential discussion, or contact me directly on: +44 203 7588 815