The Logistics Coordinator coordinates and plans all aspects of transportation and distribution for inbound and outbound shipments at multiple manufacturing facilities. Responsibilities include managing delivery costs, optimizing supply chain and load utilization efficiencies, achieving service level expectations and continuously improving processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes, supports and ensures compliance with all safety, security, food safety and quality practices, policies, and initiatives.
- Manages continuous improvement in inbound and outbound supply chain efficiencies through traffic management objectives and goals.
- Manages Key Performance Indicators to include delivery cost, load utilization and outside storage cost.
- Coordinates daily with Supply Planning to schedule pick-ups and deliveries.
- Using Supply Chain planning tools and inventory replenishment methodologies, manage daily outside warehouse inventory and warehouse transfers.
- Coordinates and schedules all inbound/outbound orders.
- Works closely with customer service on ship dates based on available inventory and customer demand.
- Plans and coordinates product distribution activities to support internal production and finished goods stocking requirements.
- Determines shortages and excess of supplies by storage location.
- Assists with investigation and tracking of over, short and damaged (OS&D) claims.
- Assists with management of per diem, demurrage, and port charges that must be disputed or paid in a timely manner.
- Identifies and pursues process improvement opportunities.
- Manages special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or closely related field
- 2-4 years related experience
- Proficient with ERP and Warehouse management systems, MS Office and logistics applications
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Proficient with MS Office and logistics software
- TMS or general transportation industry experience preferred