A Chemical Manufacturing Company is looking to add a Logistics Manager to their growing team to help lead logistics functions across the location including transportation, inbound/outbound, planning and warehouse functions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs inventory control, warehousing, transportation, logistics planning, order processing and customer service.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Transportation, Planning, Finance, Quality, Manufacturing, and Safety to deliver projects, productivity, and supply chain efficiencies.
- Develops/implements strategies, goals and plans to focus and enable area to better serve customers.
- Ensures operational compliance with standards, policies, and procedures. Fosters strategies, goals and plans to better serve customers
- Negotiates With Vendors selecting and contracting with common carriers; by negotiating rates with vendors to ensure cost efficiency; by checking all freight charges and filing claims on overcharges; and by negotiating any other conditions as necessary for smooth logistics operations.
- Manage import/export processes
- Directs the development of standards, metrics, processes, and practices including the application of TPM methodology, in alignment with company objectives.
- Identifies and manages redesign, capital projects and vendor changes to improve safety, cost, service, quality, performance and/or compliance.
- Ensures all direct reports are developed to fulfill expectations of their duties by setting objectives for cross-training employees.
- Fosters Lean Six Sigma practices
- Negotiates and manages vendor contracts and performance consistent within standard
- Monitor the quality, cost, and efficiency of the movement and storage of products; by ensuring that all transportation and warehousing functions are carried-out accurately and efficiently; by considering cost reduction strategies in logistics processes by researching, planning, and implementing effective logistics strategies, procedures, and policies; by reviewing logistics strategies, policies, and procedures on a consistent basis and revising as necessary; and by managing all other aspects of logistics operations.
- Complies with Federal, State, and Local Requirements studying existing and new regulations; by adhering to requirements; and by filing reports as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Transportation, Engineering, Business or related field
- 8 years' of related warehousing and/or supply chain experience
- Previous experience with ERP Systems (SAP, WMS, TMS, ORACLE, and/or JD Edwards)
- Knowledge of FDA, OSHA, DOT Compliance
- Ability to analyze and use various documents (contracts, purchase orders, etc.).
- Experience in managing 3rd Party Logistics Providers, including an understanding of cost models utilized.
- Experience with import/export shipments
- Knowledge of financial measurements of logistics
- Strong computer literacy and demonstrated use of technology to improve logistics performance
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills