A global market leader in producing lithium batteries for the automotive industry is looking for a Logistics Planning Engineer for their operations in Erfurt.
This companies goal is to make electric mobility more sustainable contribution to a greener future.
Do you want to be an active part in setting up the first production site outside of China?
In Erfurt, my client is currently looking for a logistics engineer to work in the Planning Materials Control department.
- Delivers input for layout planning, reviews layouts with IE and ensures lean material flow and logistics requirements are considered.
- Develops and conducts costs analysis along the entire value chain
- Supports plants and other departments to handle urgent planning requests, support EU plants as well as locals if required
- Develops and guides the standardisation and optimization of planning tools, Logistics equipment's (container, shelves, label, internal transport vehicle, line feeding ..) and processes
- Implements lean elements such as KanBan, internal milk run and supermarket in the plants
- Optimizes the packaging on plant level within the whole EU region
- Responsible for SC implementation of new projects focusing on internal/external material and information flow in case of double function EU HQ and plant in Arnstadt
- Ensure and promote compliance of safety and environment principles, ADR, dangerous goods handling
- Bachelor or Master degree in Industrial Engineering or related major
- 3-5 years professional experience
- Automotive experience is required
- Overview Supply Chain Management, Transport, Customs and operational Shopfloor processes
- Knowledge in Stock Management
- SAP know-how, analysis and optimization tools; overview capacity planning tool
- Language skills: fluent English