This plant-based role is responsible for supervising and overseeing a team of Maintenance Mechanics and Maintenance Support personnel. Successful candidates will lead, manage, execute, train and mentor maintenance personnel, be capable of leading and working in a team environment, possess good written and verbal communication skills, problem solving ability, conflict resolution skills, strong interpersonal skills and an ability to adapt to changing situations. This role reports to the Maintenance Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for scheduling, assigning and directing work, as well as appraising performance. Regular review of production and operating reports will ensure that any operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems can be addressed timely to ensure minimum cost and operational delays.
Successful Maintenance Supervisors set the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of maintenance employees. They directly supervise non-supervisory (lead/technician) employees, possess an ability to handle multiple projects and assignments, have the ability to train develop and evaluate employees to meet future needs. They have good general knowledge of software/ technology experience (MS Office, S&P etc.) and work well with people at all levels. They help ensure the utmost quality of all products being produced and packaged at their location
- Manage plant maintenance employees and activities
- Responsible for the motivation and safety of those employees under their supervision
- Coach and develop a strong team of maintenance technicians
- Must be able to meet volume goals, reduce claims, maximize yields and reduce cost
- Immediately respond to any occurrences that jeopardizes employee safety, food safety, and production capacity.
- Identify and resolve recurring equipment problems
- Set up Preventive Maintenance activities
- Prepare operational paperwork
- Maintain good working relationships with the USDA
Education and Work Experience
- Candidate must have 3+ years of verifiable food manufacturing equipment maintenance supervisory experience.
- Ammonia Refrigeration Experience/Certification highly desired.
- Experience working in a USDA environment is a plus.
- Any certifications or equivalent technical training is a plus.
- The ability to perform in a fast paced environment.
- Computer literate and able to use associated software programs.
- 5-10 years' experience in a food manufacturing environment as a maintenance supervisor managing a team of maintenance technicians
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work with all levels of people
- Strong Management skills
- Ammonia refrigeration experience a plus
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong mechanical skills
- Mechanical and electrical trouble shooting skills
- Experience with pumps, valves, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Have a good understanding of Lockout/tagout
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment
- Must have knowledge of Process and Packaging Equipment