Electrical Wiring Interconnect System (EWIS) Manager
Based in Duluth MN or North Dallas TX
Hybrid - 2 days on site!
The global leader in personal aviation is looking to add a highly skilled EWIS Manager to their rapidly growing team! This EWIS Manager would oversee about 30 engineers and designers. This $360M organization is looking for someone who has experience within the Aerospace industry. Reporting into the Executive Director of Avionics Electrical Engineering, this role would offer both high visibility to senior leadership and growth potential!
The EWIS Manager would be responsible for:
- Leading the engineering team tasked with design, testing, certification, and ongoing engineering support of all aspects of aircraft electrical wiring.
- System wiring diagram definition, interconnects, wire harness shielding, harness routing, assembly and installation.
- Budget planning and control, resource/project planning, and maintaining awareness of key deliverables and schedule milestones.
- Guiding Wire Harnesses through FAA part 23 certification and foreign validation including certification report writing.
The EWIS Manager would have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent experience) required.
- 8-10 years relevant experience with at least 4 years of leadership experience
- Leading teams of 10 or more engineers working on multiple complex projects.
- Certification experience with standards such as 14 CFR Part 23.
- Process development experience (Six Sigma Green belt or others).
- Process mapping and deployment experience (VSM).
- Use of design tools such as CREO Cabling, Mentor Graphics Capital Logic/Harness XC, MATLAB, EAGLE, VBA, or similar programs
- Change Management and Configuration Management tool experience (JIRA, Windchill, or equivalent).